Friday, August 16, 2013

How and Why We Read Homework

I enjoyed this video because it grabbed the attention of the audience right from the beginning, was full to the brim with useful information, and was funny to keep everyone interested. Some of the information that I obtained was the unimportance of the author's intentions, but how you interpret the text and what it means to you. Also that when you read critically it not any helps you understand the text, but can also help you write and tell stories more successfully. What I found most interesting was when he explained how the author was not as important as the reader might think. When I read I always wonder what the intention of the author might be but never interpret the text and think, "Well that what makes me happy, who cares what the author really meant."

2 comments:

  1. Yes, so forget the author during this class. Ask Blake about this advice.

    Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - SEEKER would probably disagree.

    ReplyDelete